Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Growth

Okay! First of all look at my post on my blog (thewatchmanstower.blogspot.com). The lord blessed me in seeing four people accepting Christ into their lives. Praise GOD!

As I said in my comment to Rae's post, I am really hoping to continue to dig into your guys' lives and to be vulnerable in opening up to you guys. The Lord has just taught me a lot about humility, and taming the tongue. During my discipleship time, my discipler talked with me about growth and relationships with people. Anyway through this, I found that I am so quick to speak that I don't realize that it can hurt people (which is so selfish). I also found myself interurpting people a lot. Like if they are talking with someone I just "barge in" and talk to them, without even thinking before I act.

So with this I want to apologize to you guys in ways in which I didn't think before I acted, and just acted upon my selfish feelings, not thinking about what is the best for each of you individually. I am trying to learn from this in hopes to be slow to speak and quick to listen.

there is this cool relationship equation that my discipler told me, which is Grace + Truth / Time = Growth. Each element to the equation is important for growth. We need to be truthful with each other, but still extend grace. And We can't just have grace without truth. Like, we can't give grace without being truthful about how we are feeling or how certain things and situations are affecting us. And we can't have all this good grace and truth without time. We have to take the time (and make the time) for the roots of our relationships grow deeper.

I hope this summer we will all take the time to dig into each others' lives and continue to be real with each other's, and not leaving it for August.
God bless you all! I love you all! and miss you!
love, Jessica

5 Comments:

Blogger douglasgpierson said...

I totally agree Jessica. I want to work on taming my tongue. I have started in the past, but this summer and the next year will be an awesome time of growth.

June 28, 2005 5:21 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

That's so very cool.

But the logical side of my brain is bugging me. With that equation as is, the more time that there is...the LESS growth. So maybe grace * time + truth = growth or something instead...

July 03, 2005 2:17 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

but it is "over" time ;)

July 03, 2005 12:35 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

Arg. That brings calculus to mind. And that can only tell us the rate at which grace is working.

July 03, 2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

I miss you so much, Jessica!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing all of this. I do think NOW is the time to be real with each other. I'm tired of beating around the bush with people.

July 11, 2005 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home