Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I'm not mad, but...

I am a little disturbed that there is conflict concerning who will be on the top and who will be on the bottom. Personally I would prefer the top, but that is no different than anyone else, nor is my reasoning better. I didn't know it was an issue until tonight (because I thought faye didnt want the top) and knowing that at the time I was bummed out, BUT God quickly showed me that all my reasons for wanting the top were selfish and irrelivant to the quality of the community. I know it isnt that big of an issue, but we cannot let things like that get started. If we are all going to live together for a year and do what God wants us to, stuff like that can't be in the way. It seemed that who was going to have the top was already established (guys?) yet I don't know how that came to be. If you guys dont read this by tomorrow morning its aight, cause its going to come up. My vote is flipping a coin, if we are going to lay out reasons the CANNOT be about what YOU want, but what will improve ALL of our experiances at the Train Station.

(bad reasons include):
Who wants to have the party room
Who wants the bigger balchony
Who has more stuff to carry
Who wants a vaulted sealing
Who wants to be cool
Whos idea was it first
Who wants a view

(good reasons include):
A broken leg

anything else... deal with it! i vote for a coin flipping, unless someone happens to come up with a logical reason why one should have it.

(another possibility is switching after first semester, it shouldnt be that hard to do)

I LOVE YOU GUYS! and im not trying to point my fingers at anyone!!! i included a couple of my reasons too ;)

If you have read this before the meeting..... YOURE NOT GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP!

4 Comments:

Blogger douglasgpierson said...

ditto...thanks Rae for helping us get our mind around this. A coin is fair, but I am not opposed to letting the girls have the top bunk...err.. apartment. It probably could be safer for the girls. Let's get everyone together before we all make any decisions...I can't believe I will see you all in about 6 hours...

May 11, 2005 1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, who ended up getting the top and bottom?
-Cormack
.

May 11, 2005 2:12 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

undecided

May 11, 2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

I totally agree with Rae. I want to apologize... I had the same opinion (that we need to not let this get in our way), but got caught up in the "fun" of the argument, and it definitely went farther than it should have. When we have everybody together the next time (even if it's over the phone), we'll work it out like civilized Christian brothers and sisters--cause that's what we are! Props to Rae for calling us all out on this! Training!

AJ
<><

May 11, 2005 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home