Monday, May 09, 2005

Hey, Doug finally started a post!!!

Hey y'all! I need to call Kammy from the Homestead apartments very soon. She left a message that they've had some people interested in one of our apartments (probably the girls') and she needs to know what we are doing. (could just be to scare us).

I have read some of the complaints about the website. Some of them are pretty hard to ignore. For me it will certainly be a change of lifestyle from my own [clean] room and driveway parking. For those of you coming from Hope, this place should be a castle. just a castle...with holes, and mold, and maneur, and ants, and broken dishwashers, and towed cars, and ants, and slashed tires, and poor paint, and unclean carpet, and poor maintenance service, and more ants, and expensive laundry facilities, frequently shut off water, and unreturned security deposits , and and and...

Now, there is probably tons of context around each instance due to the amount of people in the world who get irate at things that aren't as bad as they seem. Are we willing to suffer through this, make a difference, look for the positive, encourage others [all in Christ] to make this place a castle with forty foot hight walls, a mote, gardens, proper security (archers), blue sky, crumpets and tea, jesters, triangle flags, and white knights?? This place will require PRAYER PRAYER PRAYER for us to impact it for God's glory. I think this place needs Christ's love the most. This place is lost. Maybe our community's purpose has greater implications that we initially perceived. Is THIS our assignment? Could this be where God wants to start revival? Please pray heavily on these things because I was hoping to put money down to hold these places this week.

Trusting in Christ,
Doug

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I was reading the ratings, I was thinking the same thing - I had a feeling that God may want you guys there.
Besides, there's no such thing as luck, so who knows you might be blessed with good apartments and get "lucky" with the rest of the things. ;)
Been praying for you guys.
-Cormack.

May 09, 2005 8:51 AM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

3:30 am? Dang, Doug, you need to get more sleep!

It was cool to see the apartments with everybody today minus Jessica and M-bito, who hopefully can get over there soon. Dude! I want to make it a castle! 40-foot walls, a moat, gardens, archers--heck yeah! Can I be a knight? Can I? I think Doug, Stephen and I should be knights, and then Mike can be our jester! :) Just kidding. I totally agree that we should all be praying. Pray it up fellow trainers!

AJ
<><

May 09, 2005 4:58 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

hey! I'll be the watchman! i can do it!

May 09, 2005 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home